Thursday 17 January 2013

FMP:: Proposal Tutorial

Todays FMP proposal tutorial was extremely helpful and made me focus in more on what I actually want to get out of my FMP and how I can achieve this through the briefs that I choose.

I have realised that in my position statement I wrote that I wanted to design for retail, however, Fred began to expand on this and what it would mean to my briefs. This made me realise that this was not what I meant at all; I do not want to be designing solely for retail. Having found briefs that I want to work on, none of these directly include design for retail. I have worked on design specifically for retail (no.17, republic) and found these brief tedious and uninspiring, whereas I am inspired by the briefs that I have chosen to work on for my FMP. So this is something I specifically need to address and consider.