Friday 10 May 2013

Brief 1:: Yearbook

After countless meetings and missed deadlines from the fashion department we finally got the poster back with numerous changes that Suzy wanted to make to the poster. Seen as the deadline was a week ago we spoke to Amber about whether it would actually be possible for us to complete the large task. Amber then met with Suzy to discuss the matter and it was decided that the poster would not go to print. She has told her students that the poster will only be used for our brief and they are not actually using it, therefore it is pointless spending all that money to print something which isn't going to be used.

I am a little bit disappointed that our poster is now not going to be printed after all the hassle we have been through with fashion. The amount of meetings we have had with them to discuss the matter and the amount of design variations we have produced in response to their feedback has all taken up valuable time of my FMP.

Nevertheless, what I am taking from this is the experience of working with a difficult client. Working on this live brief has meant this I have missed out on the opportunity of producing a nice piece of design but I have learnt how to deal with clients and what needs to be said and done to try and make it a smooth operation; something I wouldn't have learnt if it had all gone smoothly I suppose!