Friday 10 May 2013

Design Context:: Tutorial with Print Project

Today I got the opportunity to talk to Nick from the Print Project, Leeds.


He was a great man and gave me a lot on inside knowledge. We had a very informal but extremely helpful chat about going into industry, print in general and I quizzed him on my title 'Print is Dead.'

It was very insightful to hear Nick's view on the statement 'Print is Dead.'

he spoke about how he thought the rise in technology had resulted in print becoming more bespoke. The print then costs more money, although they are shorter runs.

One quote which he said and really caught my attention was 'you don't need electricity to read print.'

Everything is going more digital but eventually he feels that digital is going to go corrupt soon.

Yes. It was a very interesting chat that has informed my design practice.

'Less print finishes can be better than more.' Was something he also said. One gold foil blocked postcard can look a lot better than using a million print processes.