Monday 25 March 2013

Brief 3:: Development

I have spoken with Lavinia and I have decided that the serif logo i began to work on did not represent her collection as well as it could. I felt that a sans serif typeface would work better as it her collection is quite simple (it uses simple patterns), it has a sports feel about it and it for sale at mid-high end market. I began working on designs...








The kerning needs a little work, but i'm getting there.


I think the new designs work with her concept too as the type is going to be sans serif. Removing the ligature of the 'A' completes the notion of visibility vs invisibility and panopticism. By laser cutting the type and layering the colour stock behind (or vice versa) it is also using her notion of layering within her collection, as well as the what can/can't be seen notion. In addition to keeping in line with her concept, the aesthetic also works well with her colour palette and concept.